Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hallucinations

Sorry I didn't post yesterday everybody! I'm not going to be able to post everyday during the school year because I need to focus on my school work. However I will be able to do it 3-5 times a week.

So two days ago I went to go visit my Granny, who was having hallucinations. I walked into the room and she was propped up in her bed as happy and lively as she could be and just talking 1,000 mph. Now she's typically really laid back, calm, doesn't talk a whole lot, but she was still funny. So as my mom and I are putting on these yellow coat thingys because she once had something that was contagious, my mom asked her how she was and she said, "Oh Shaun I've been on this train all day but at every stop the people say 'Hi Ms. Lewis how are you' but I don't have no quarter to give 'em." And my mom slightly frustrated said, "So I see we are still on the train." Then my Granny looked at me and said "Ooo Katie that's such a nice coat on you, where'd you get it?" Mind you, these are practically yellow Snuggies, and if you've seen Snuggies you know that they aren't the most attractive items of clothing.

Then, later as I am sitting next to her she tells me how her house was changed into a clinic last night and there was a party there and she went in her hospital gown and all these people she knew were there, and they named it after her ex-husband. I asked "Why didn't they name it after you Gran?" She replied "Well I'll tell you, when I left that house, I left everything with it, I'm not going back." Then she began seeing people and children and I said "Well what kind of children do you see are they white or black?" She said "Oooo they're quiet, no shouting or nothing, but they're black...that's unusual for them." She also claimed she saw 3 bears, a crab, 2 trains, my dead grandmother, and that she lost her fork all within a time period of less than a hour.

Then she would do this thing where she'd fall asleep in mid-sentence then wake up talking as if she were in the middle of a story. She apparently fell asleep and woke up 2 minutes later all frantic saying "Shaun! We need some syrup!" And my mom slightly confused said "What??" "We need some syrup you don't see all these pancakes!?!" So basically my Granny has been a mess these past two days, BUT TODAY she was completely fine and normal and acknowledged how crazy she was acting....isn't that one of the strangest things you've ever heard? And she can only remember some parts of her hallucinations....but that's about the craziest thing I've heard all day!

Oh and I have the beginnings of a cold- I think it's from visiting the hospital because whenever I go I get some sort of illness....other than that all is well :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girlie!
    Nice blog! im gonna start following you even though my blog is on wordpress. check mine out! Hope you'll be a regular

    http://justagirl012.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your Grandma! P.S. blog tip: you'll get more comments if you remove verification codes

    ReplyDelete