Friday, April 16, 2010

Men Need To Stop It!

I'm pretty sick today so I was even more careless about my appearance (I rocked the big baggy sweatshirt, skirt, tights, and pretty worn out Nikes with hot pink laces- cute yes I know)... But as I was getting out of the car obviously groggy, tired, and having an "I'm mad at the world" type of look on my face, and blasting my music, I see a man staring at me in a car behind my dad. That's not a great way for me to start out my day. I continue to walk and meet up with my friend Catherine, and we decided to count the number of men who stare at us in the 5 minutes while we wait for the bus (not because we think we are cute, because we are annoyed as to how many full grown men do this). Can I just say in that period of waiting time for the bus, which is 7:20 to 7:25....10 men in 10 different cars stared at us and their necks practically screwed off their stupid heads from looking at us...And you know it's not like we were TRYING to look cute, we looked like a truck ran over us, yet FULL GROWN men were staring at us...I always have this desire to go up to them and say "You know you have a daughter that's my age at your house, so turn the other way bud." But seriously, why do men look at teenage girls this way!?! I mean we LOOK like we are teenagers, we are wearing school uniforms and we don't look like we are 20 years old....and even if we did it's so inappropriate and lewd.

I feel like it goes back to how women are objectified ALL the time through the media and teenage guys and full grown men think that we are just animals in cages to be oogled at... well I have some news for you men who think you can do that to me....NO WAY and I WILL have something to say about it. And you know what bothers me more than anything?? I'll tell you, when teenage boys think it's cool to cat call at you, make animal noises or kissy noises at you, or instead of asking me my name they describe me to get my attention. Scenario: I was with some of my kids while I worked at this camp over the summer and a group of guys yell out to me "Girl with the stunna shades on! Look over here!" I literally wanted to say "Okay firstly, THANK YOU for telling me what I was wearing because I had no idea....and you really think describing me is going to make me all of the sudden be filled with this desire to walk over to you and talk to you....WRONG." I mean this type of stuff happens to my friends all the time and so many girls and it's so ridiculous!

Women are not disposable, sexual objects, that are only meant to please men. I want to start a whole new way of thinking among girls, especially teenagers- I hate girls who complain that they don't have a boyfriend and they are so unhappy about it and it's ruining their lives and then they will dumb themselves down so they can get a guy... A) Boys are a WASTE of time because they only have ONE thing on their mind at this age and I think you know what it is B) If you need a boy or a man to make you feel better about yourself...we have a problem and C) Any boy who'd rather have a girl as stupid and indecisive is truly intimidated by a woman who can voice her opinion and not take crap from anyone and he's not worth ANYONE'S time--- Let's start a whole revolution! A revolution that tackles the idea that women are ditzy, stupid, need men to make them happy, overly emotional, and are only in existence to please men...how about we start having people believe that we are intelligent, future leaders of America, that we can be independent but we do like the company of a man, we can handle ourselves, and we do NOT condone being oogled at and seen as sex objects....it's all up to OUR generation to stop it and not condone it....Make a difference.

3 comments:

  1. i tottally agree with this whole post! I'll be walking around a store and grown men will be like "hey whats up" like really im 16 i dont wanna talk to you!!!! And i hate it too when girls feel like they need a bf. I really don;t care much for one! Im fine being single and its fun! I like my guy friends and we have a good time as friends and nothing gets all complicated!
    follow my blog http://justagirl012.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post. I have had this happen to me and my friends, its ridiculous how older men do this. I also hate it when you are walking down the road to go to seven eleven or something and people will honk. Its disgusting.

    Anyway awesome post and blog! id be behind you all the way on that revolution :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are there only 2 comments on this post?! This is so inspirational and so true! this was an amazing post <3

    follow my blog: http://definitelynerdy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete